- Paula Abdul is writing a self-help book. Whether she intends it or not, the book is for drug users – if you’re turning to Paula Abdul for help, you are high. [I'm Not Obsessed]
- Lindsay Lohan‘s buddy Samantha Ronson responds to Candy Spelling‘s open-letter contributions to TMZ: "Does she honestly think anyone cares what she has to say?" Who says irony is dead? [Dlisted]
- D. L. Hughley kinda sorta agrees with Imus’ infamous words about the Rutgers Basketball Team. Because if he didn’t, we wouldn’t have any reason to mention him, you know? [Crunk + Disorderly]
- Has Beyoncé gotten liposuction? If so, we finally have an answer to the age-old question: her body is, indeed, too bootylicious. [CityRag]
[Image credit: Getty]
All Angelina Hottie Pics
Years before Brad Pitt and her baby boom, Angelina Jolie was a blockbuster actress who was known for being charmingly crazy. Remember the time she kissed her brother on the lips? How about when she bared everything in Original Sin? Or what about when she was dating Billy Bob Thornton? Nutty…and wildly sexy, too.
Now that she’s all grown up, Saint Angelina is more interested in serious roles. Consider her position as a U.N. rep to Africa, or her character in A Mighty Heart, out this week, in which she plays Marianne Pearl, the wife of a murdered Wall Street Journal journalist. It’s a worthy movie. Join us as we celebrate the beauty, intelligence and compassion of Angelina Jolie in this week’s HOTW photo gallery.
In an attempt to one up Paris on the attention meter, Nicole Richie is going to go to court to fight her DUI charge. This seems like kind of a tough rap to beat, seeing as she has been arrested before. Oh, and because she was driving in the wrong direction on the freeway and confessed to having used both Vicodin and marijuana.
But as we know, Nicole’s the kind of girl who, when she puts her mind to it, can accomplish anything (oh like, I don’t know, ridiculous weight loss)!
What is the deal with Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel? They are two hot, rich, twenty-somethings with awesomely buff bods and decent wardrobes. Can’t they just be happy together? The answer, apparently, is no, because they can’t seem to make up their minds about whether they are totally into each other and want to spend every second locking lips (and other, naughtier body parts), or if every moment together is pure, effing hell.
Are these two in love or do they hate each other’s guts? Find out after the jump.
– The White Stripes‘ Icky Thump arrives with a bang today as the candy-striped duo take over the venerable Tower Records space on L.A.’s Sunset Strip. The first 200 fans who buy the record there get access to an in-store performance. In related Stripes news, this is only the latest in their long string of weird moments.
- VH1 You Oughta Know artist Paolo Nutini and VH1 You Oughta Know artist Amy Winehouse have announced that they’re teaming up for a two-week North American tour in September. Keep in mind that tour dates are subject to Amy showing up at the gig, which is a 50-50 proposition at the best of times.
- Proving that he’s no slouch in the comeback department, Al Gore responded to Bob Geldof‘s complaints that Gore’s Live Earth event — a massive seven-continent concert taking place on July 7th — lacks specific goals. The former Vice President replied, "We will have very specific goals that will be very significant and hard-hitting." He then added a few more choice statements before finishing with "nana-nana boo-boo."
Isaiah Washington isn’t the only one who’s mad as hell over his firing from Grey’s Anatomy — lesbian blogger/activist Jasmyne Cannick has started a petition to get him his job back. It’s more or less common knowledge that Isaiah’s axing stemmed from his repeated use of the word "faggot" to refer to his gay Grey’s co-star T.R. Knight. Jasmyne contends, however, that racism is the real culprit and that Isaiah is one of many blacks to get the boot from the ABC network. She writes:
"Minority actors have been dismissed at an alarming rate over the past two years over at ABC. Blacks, including Isaiah Washington (Grey’s Anatomy), Star Jones (The View), Harold Perrineau (Lost), Alfre Woodard and Mehcad Brooks (Desperate Housewives) have been let go. But it’s not just Blacks, add to that The George Lopez Show and out lesbian Rosie O’Donnell of The View. Not to mention actress Diahann Carroll and Richard Roundtree whose characters were directly related to Isaiah Washington’s character."
Would Isaiah have been fired if he were white? Would Rosie O’Donnell have stayed at The View if she were straight? Would Alfre Woodard’s character have remained on Desperate Housewives if her plotline weren’t so damn boring? Would The George Lopez show have been canceled if people actually watched it?
In her post, Jasmyne also writes, "Isaiah has done more for the gay community than T.R. Knight has done in or out of the closet." She might be right, but for the wrong reasons, as she’s referring to his limp PSA that danced around its own issue. Isaiah has shown the country that intolerance against gays will not be tolerated. As an example, he couldn’t be more useful. [New York Post / Image credit: Getty]
If you were Mama Pitt, who would you like better? Your son’s wholesome all-American TV star ex-wife, or the tattooed Oscar-winning activist he’s currently shacking up with?
Take your pick, because it certainly looks like Jane Pitt has, and there are pictures to prove it! Brad’s mama was spotted entering Jennifer Aniston‘s Malibu pad on Sunday, and visited with the Friends star for over two hours. Probably just a friendly chat between two old BFFS over some Smart Water about Angelina’s bony arms and Aniston’s new scandalous boy toy/Brad lookalike. The ex mother-in-law was escorted by her son’s security team, so he must be well aware of the visit. But what about Angelina, who recently described Brad’s parents as "equally loving" to their four children? Most ladies would probably be miffed, but Angie kinda seems way too cool to care. She’s too busy saving the world to notice.
John Travolta is like an overstimulated oyster — he opens his mouth and the pearls of wisdom come rolling out. Recently, he sounded off on the topic of prescription drugs, and it turns out that his views parallel those of fellow Scientologist Tom Cruise. Imagine! Says John:
"I don’t disagree with anything Tom says…I still think that if you analyze most of the school shootings, it is not gun control. It is [psychotropic] drugs at the bottom of it. I don’t want to create controversy; I just have an opinion on things, and there is nothing wrong with stating your opinion if you are asked. Everyone wants that right, and because you are famous doesn’t mean you have less of a right."
But isn’t there mental disturbance at the bottom of the prescription of psychotropic drugs? And aren’t there all sort of factors that lead to that? Could it be that John doesn’t know a bottom from a hole in the wall? As for not wanting to create controversy: God, John, don’t be so paranoid. Haldol is your friend. [W]
Browse All John Travolta Photos
John Travolta’s Movie Page
Motley Crue are taking their managers to court for bad career advice. In a lawsuit filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court, Motley Crue Inc. (Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee, Mick Mars and Vince Neil) are suing their managers for "divert[ing] revenue from [the band] and redirect[ing] it to themselves." The real issue, however, was drummer Tommy Lee’s involvement with reality television. The band call Lee’s ill-fated Tommy Lee Goes to College "a critical disappointment and a ratings disaster" and claim his involvement in Rockstar: Supernova decreased public interest in Lee. The band claim their managers are responsible for damaging blows to reputation the band has sustained, and not their mythic drug habits, public imbroglios, or Lee’s current habit of "drunk blogging." And who, may we ask, is the band holding responsible for Nikki Sixx’s facial hair?
Browse All Motley Crue Photos
After Julia Roberts popped out her third kid yesterday, a boy named Henry Daniel (Excuse me? What happened to wonderfully insane celeb names like Applejacks or Subway?), a few more snooze-tastic celebs have followed suit:
- Limelight hater Keri Russell gave birth to her first son with her ultra-normal husband earlier this month, but the birth was announced today, presumably because they had the audacity to want privacy for a week!
- That dude from King of Queens, Kevin James, and his wife had a daughter named Shea last Thursday, which must be a shout out to the New York Mets and their hometown stadium, right?
- Tiger Woods and his wife Elin Nordegren welcomed their first daughter yesterday, only hours after the golf genius lost the US Open by one shot. Her name? Not something awesomely catlike or Swedish, like her ‘rents. Nope, instead the pair went with something utterly unforgettable: Sam.
There you have it – no love triangles, no scandal, no picking a name off the back of a Crackerjack box. What good are celebs if they just put us to sleep?