We’re still not over our OMG WTF reaction to Heath Ledger‘s death. The sad news continues to pour in, so here’s your morning recap of what is known thus far. RIP, Heath.
- The actor was discovered by his housekeeper and his masseuse, who had arrived for a 3:00 massage appointment at his loft in SoHo, NYC. They discovered him lying face down on the floor, naked. His masseuse called her friend, an EMT who also happens to be Ashley Olsen‘s bodyguard, who was at the twin’s apartment down the street.
- There were not pills scattered around the apartment, as was originally reported, but police did find both prescription and non-prescription sleeping pills near Heath.
- Heath was reportedly sick from pneumonia at the time of the death and also suffering from insomnia (he had just returned from shooting a film in London).
- His family has spoken out and does not believe his death was a suicide.
- Ex-fiancee Michelle Williams has returned to New York from Sweden (where she is shooting a movie) with their 2-year old daughter Matilda. She is reportedly “devastated.”Um, obviously.
- Many people are speaking out about Heath’s life, including Focus Features, the company that produced Brokeback Mountain. They said, “Heath Ledger was a courageous actor, and a great soul. He gave us the gift of sharing his fearless and beautiful love – of his craft, and of all who worked with him – for which all of us will be eternally grateful.”
- Here’s a chat with the actor circa Brokeback Mountain.
Actor Page | Photos
Heath Ledger Found Dead In NYC
Kimmy‘s no fool. She keeps her privates clean and pregnancies at bay by having her man Reggie Bush suit up before it’s time for the wild thing. And nope, they don’t use the Trojans that her former sex-tape beau Ray J is helping push. They’re rocking Lifestyles, as suggested by this nice picture. Can’t watch movies all the time at the Sundance fest, right? Gotta be something going on when the party’s over.
Want more Kim? Look no further.
20 Things You Didn’t Know About Kim Kardashian
Kim K. Strips for Playboy!
Kim’s Ass Still Looking Fine in 2008
Kim Ready to Wed Again
Kardashians: Sex Partners, Sex Pictures
Kim’s Big-Ass Birthday Bash
Truly disturbing news: Police in New York report that Heath Ledger has been found dead in a lower Manhattan apartment, and, judging by the scene, suggest that a drug overdose is the cause. The 28-year-old actor earned his star status in Ang Lee’s Brokeback Mountain, and was part of the thick cast in Todd Haynes‘ recent Bob Dylan portrait, I’m Not There. Lots of movie fans are looking forward to his role as the Joker in this summer’s The Dark Knight.
Heath Ledger Actor Page
Hankering for a little more Brady after Sunday night’s premiere? Check out these Episode 1 extras, including the above clip from Adrianne’s erotic photoshoot with her sexy briefcase-wielding pal Kelly. Would you be stoked if your wife gifted you some naked pics for your 49th?
Get a glimpse at the snow-filled fun in Utah over the weekend. Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba, Mary-Kate Olsen, Audrina Patridge, Kirsten Dunst, Mischa Barton, Adrian Grenier, Emily Blunt, Michel Gondry, Jack Black, Colin Farrell, and Mena Suvari were among the A through D-listers who were spotted sporting their winter duds.
For more Sundance shots, click here.
‘Ello mates! This ‘er is the British accent version of your daily Britney Spears update! Things got bloody crazy this weekend, after Britney reportedly dumped her snogging partner, photog Adnan Ghalib. Her mate Sam Lufti even claimed to have a restraining order against the lad! The lass finally wised up to Adnan’s dodgy ways, but it looks like her brief moment of intelligence came too late. The snake is already trying to sell text messages Brit sent him from her mobile, and the messages reveal that the singer wants to be a teacher! What a daft bugger!
A knackered-looking Brit got over her heartache by keeping busy – she worked on a dance routine for her new video and even managed to make it to her court-ordered deposition! But our personal fave moment came when British Britney told a homeless chap who was begging her for help, “You would rather be homeless than be me, sir!” What cheeky bollocks! We’d take her insane brain if it meant getting close to all that cash – and we’re gonna guess our hobo pal feels the same. Enjoy her rant in the video above. Cheerio!
Fox’s annual circus hit TV town last week, and yep, after a couple of nights, there were plenty of entertaining entries on the screen. To get down the road on American Idol, certain rules must be followed, and certain faux-pases must be avoided. Here’s part of the list. You know who the characters are, right?
Do: Tell the producers a great back story that might land you one of those “down on the farm” segments where we see you frolicking with your son/daughter/pets/tractor. The sadder, the better.
Don’t: Have your back story be tied to a bag of nail clippings, your “Star Wars” fetish, a stalker routine, an ability to make funny noises or a “wacky” original song about abstinence. Speaking of chastity, though never-been-kissed virgin Bruce Dickson and his lock-and-key necklace told a tale so bizarrely endearing the striking Writers Guild of America should investigate whether he had some help with it, we recommend a little less sharing next time.
Do: Try to stand out in front of the judges by wearing something interesting, (slightly) provocative, flattering or, failing that, bland enough that it doesn’t distract them from your singing.
Don’t: Shop at the costume shop, paint your face, wear a Cowell-esque top that exposes so much of your chest that Simon and Randy lose their focus, attach anything resembling tin foil to your body or have your shirt signed by your “supporters.” And, for the love of God, if you can’t see your feet, don’t wear a Princess Leia costume, even if you are manscaped. Nobody needs to see that.
Check tonight’s show and come back tomorrow for our weekly recap.
As you may have noticed, the Sundance Film Festival is ongoing right now — the annual Park City celebrity meeting ground, where films are bought, sold, distributed and traded. We’re checking in with a variety of up-and-comers to see how they’re spending their time. Today’s dispatch is from actor Jason Ritter, who you might remember from 2005′s Happy Endings. Ritter’s there for the films, and optimistically predicts another golden age for film, if 2007 was any indication. Read on, aspiring filmmakers.
VH1: What are you bringing to the festival?
Jason Ritter: I’m here promoting two movies, The Deal and Good Dick. The Deal is about a couple of producers, played by Meg Ryan and William H. Macy, trying to make a movie in Hollywood. They’re scamming everyone. I play an idealistic screenwriter who gets screwed over by the Hollywood system.
Katie Holmes‘ amazingly resilient boobs WERE too good to be true! We knew even a robot couldn’t withstand running 26.2 miles in that flimsy top. Anonymous internet sleuths have been attempting to unravel an possible NYC marathon conspiracy, which alleges that Katie Holmes did not run the entire race. Their proof?
- Katie’s choice of runner-unfriendly clothing, obvi.
- Her two trainers ran alongside her – one ran unregistered but wore a bib from 2003 and a tracking chip, and the other man, registered, ran the exact same split times as Katie, which many believe is impossible.
- Trainer Wesley Okerson‘s mom reports that her son did indeed run the entire race with Katie, but we’re not so sure if that clears things up. Though she allegedly ran with her bodyguards the whole time, pics have surfaced of Wesley running the thing with Katie nowhere in sight. And there are no images of her running the race until the very end. Did she jump in for the last mile?
Not to knock the importance of this case, but aren’t there greater Kate-spiracies to worry about? We’re more desperate to know what’s she always hiding with those giant sunglasses, what baby factory she and Tom bought Suri from, and why they’re always laughing at nothing like a pair of crazies.
Another day, another name for Diddy. The artist formerly known as P. Diddy, Puff Daddy, and J. Lo’s boyfriend has decided to go by Sean John, his birth name, for the foreseeable future. “I have always evolved and taken a different name each time. Right now I want to be Sean John because that’s where I am right now,” said the remix inventor, according to the Daily Star. So what could this mean for the many-monikered rapper? A new album? Another cologne? Sean John might be preparing his new image for his brand new reality television show.