Well, we feel stupid. Last night we feel asleep giddy with the thought of running into Britney at our local Starbucks here in the Big Apple. Brit leaked the news that she was heading here to NYC, when she really hopped a flight – with paparazzi plaything Adnan Ghalib – to Mexico. Wow, punked by Britney! If only she applied those smarts to getting her life in order, she’d probably be doing okay. But you know – priorities! Apparently Brit was spotted buying fake Gucci bags and checked into a hotel, only to check out later that night, of course. Now, no one has any idea where the pair is. How about rehab?
Nice to know that the rump we loved in 2007 is the rump we’re going to love in 2008. The Kardashians show is off the air right now, but we plan to deliver as much KK buttosity as possible. In these ever-loving shots, Lady Kim is at some Slim Fast festival in LaLa Land. Maybe K sip the stuff, but we know that rear will always be round.
Full size images:
Season 7 of American Idol premieres next Wednesday and Thursday on Fox, but evidence in the press suggests that contestants might not have as long a shelf-life as Kelly Clarkson’s career would have you believe. Case in point? Katharine McPhee has split from RCA records, joining her fellow castmates Taylor Hicks and Ruben Studdard in being without label representation. Wikipedia notes that there are rumors of her courting another major label (or vice-versa), but there’s no word on any of that yet. Still, she’s in markedly better shape than down-and-out former Idol contestant Jessica Sierra, who’s on VH1′s new show, premiering tonight, Celebrity Rehab. Couple all that with Sanjaya exhaustion, and we’re beginning to wonder: Has the Idol phenomenon lost its luster? Maybe it’s just us, but we’re kind of wishing pop music would go back to its much less democratic state, with nepotism and Berry Gordy in charge.
According to reports, 23-year-old mall punk Avril Lavigne is pregnant. IsThisHappening.com is saying that Lavigne is six weeks along, making her debauched New Year‘s a no-no. The singer’s husband, Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley, has allegedly been telling friends about the baby, due in August. Obviously, it’s too soon to tell whether it’ll be a chain-walleted baby boy or a racoon-eyed little girl.
Movie premieres, awards shows, benefit concerts, and plain old clubbin’ – even though most of us are at home, the beautiful peeps are living it up somewhere. Last Night’s Pics puts you in touch with all the action.
Katie Holmes looked gorgeous (though a bit on the boney side) at the premiere of her upcoming flick, Mad Money. Hubby Tom Cruise was by her side, as well as costars Queen Latifah and Diane Keaton.
Is Pam Anderson preggers? For the sake of gossip, we effing home so. TMZ is claiming that Pammy, already a mother of two is knocked up by hubby Rick Salomon, from whom she recently filed for divorce. Rick is allegedly telling pals that Pam is “acting crazy” because she is pregnant (that sounds like something a dude would say) and is counting on her taking him back once her hormonal insanity calms down. Er, we have a feeling (call it a woman’s intuition) it’s Rick, and not the baby that’s making her act nuts. Pam took to her blog earlier today and simply posted “No,” which one can assume is her response to the rumors. But we refuse to believe it! We haven’t had a celebrity pregnancy announcement in 48 hours and we’re desperately jonesing for another one.
Katie Holmes: More Marathoning in Boston
Mrs. Cruise was allowed into the Boston Marathon without actually qualifying because the people of Beantown want to see her run sans bra again. Oh, and she’s famous. [Us]
Jessica Simpson: NFL No Show
Her career, her boyfriend’s career – what can Jess ruin next? Fingers crossed that it’s Ashlee’s upcoming album! [Us]
Don’t Worry, The Hills Girls Are Still BFF
OMG, like, they are still totally giving each other blank stares at clubs and eating Pinkberry together! Phew. [E Online]
Milo and Hayden Make Love Work
Screw that 12-year age difference, these two are totally in love! And we’re like, totally grossed out. [Us]
John Mayer Dumps Actress Gal Pal
Finally he can go back to boning random, trashy chicks like a real “rock star.” [People]
We just got finished watching the first episode of Rock of Love 2 and it seems like the girls are wild enough to easily fill the shoes of their predecessors. Well, they’ll fill the DD bras of their predecessors any rate. We don’t want to give too much away before the season premiere (Sunday at 9/8c), but here a few a few tidbits to whet your appetite:
- There’s a big surprise right before all the girls enter the house, and an even bigger surprise during the elimination ceremony.
- Something rather…consuming causes one of the girls to miss the elimination ceremony.
- One girl reveals that to her, the letters “VIP” stand for something more…vaginally oriented.
- Remember the divide between the “slutty” girls and the “bitchy” girls that became apparent during the second episode last season? It’s there again and it’s apparent almost immediately.
- One of the girls is a swinging bisexual who announces, “If I’m not getting it from Bret, then I’m gonna go find some hot girl to make out with.”
- One of the girls is French.
- One of the girls is 45!
- One of the girls is a germaphobe and, as such, could be the most misguided individual to ever enter the …of Love universe.
- Case and point: Bret makes out at least a dozen times during the course of the one-hour premiere. Here’s one girl’s imitation:
And all of that is to say that the faces may have changed, but the hassles are just the same.
Are. You. Ready. To. Rock?
Clearly, Bret is.
- Joaquin Phoenix proves doesn’t know how to spell his name during the People’s Choice Awards. He is, however, fluent in drunk. [Dlisted]
- The always alien-esque Janet Jackson‘s just-released video for “Feedback” finds her hurdling through outer space. It’s a homecoming of sorts. [CONCRETELOOP]
- Amy Winehouse bleaches her hair. You know what they say: blondes have more blackouts! [Crunk + Disorderly]
- Don’t worry: Lil’ Boosie is not dead. You can go back to not listening to him. [Sandra Rose]
Remember when Linds got all coked up, stole a car with some dudes in it and almost ran her assistant and her mom off the road? Well now that mom, Tracie Rice, is suing her ass, and the stuff she is claiming is kind of hilarious. We’re sure the ride was traumatic, but was it really bad enough to require medication? Aside from losing her job (say what?!) and therefore her $75,000 a year income, Lindsay’s rage has also cost her:
- $3500 on therapy ($175 per visit)
- $400 on a medical doctor
- $145 for a chiropractor visit
- $100 on “medicine” (er, you mean cocaine?)
But surely there are other things she could add on to make LiLo pay for them, right? How about:
- $300 worth of leggings (to look like the star she’s suing)
- $2000 on tanning sessions (see above)
- $350 on tabloid subscriptions (she’s gotta keep up with Lindsay’s whereabouts!)
Go for it Tracie!