- Cheezy talks about last night’s episode of I Love New York: “My apologies for causing drama.” Apologies? For causing drama? This is reality TV! Clearly he’s out of his element. [I Love To Watch]
- Clay Aiken is set to join the Broadway cast of Spam-a-Lot. Surely, it will be very strange for him, as a straight man, to work in the gay-populated world of New York theater. [Dlisted]
- Tara Reid proclaims herself better than other celebutards as a new round of drunk photos of her emerge. I’d call her a hypocrite, but that word’s probably too big for her to understand. [CityRag]
- Angelina Jolie cuts her hair for a role. Bad move, Angie. Now where are you going to store all your kids? [Seriously? OMG! WTF?]
- Bobby Brown hits the stage just days after his heart-attack-not-heart-attack. You just can’t stop a moving trainwreck, you know? [Crunk + Disorderly]
Comedian Ellen DeGeneres broke down into tears this morning on her talk show as she was explaining the story of a dog that she and her partner, Portia de Rossi, had adopted: After training the puppy to live with the couple’s cats, it seems that they found Iggy too high-energy to be compatible with their old pets. They decided to give the dog to her hairdresser, whose two daughters became attached to it. Unfortunately, according to the adoption agreement Ellen had signed, donating the animal was a violation, and so Iggy was repossessed, which made some little girls very unhappy. In this clip Ellen pleas for the dog to be returned to the girls. This isn’t exactly above-the-fold news, but she’s so clearly distraught that she lends this little clip high-impact sentiment. But by the same token, do you think owners should be allowed to exchange pets without anyone providing oversight? After the jump, check pictures of celebrities and their dogs in happier moments. Note: Michael Vick not included.
Our Tour Survival Guide checks in with rockers about life on the road. Here’s Regina Spektor on honey, belching and her Russian-Jewish immune system.
Code Name: Lady Danger
I always have my favorite red lipstick on before I go onstage — It’s MAC and the color is Lady Danger. It’s awesome because it’s super bright red. It’s very spy-ish. No matter how I feel before every show I put it on and then I’m [ready] –- it’s my “OK now I’m going to play my show” moment. It really changes everything.
An Army of Squeezy Bears
I could eat a bowl of honey. I drink hot water with honey, tea with honey, eat a teaspoon of honey. It really helps the throat, and it’s delicious. I try not to get the really crappy honey, I try to get organic. But I like all kinds -– the squeezy bears are really fun because they’re so cute. When I come back from tour, because I have so many honey bears from the rider, I have an entire army of them on my refrigerator, with different levels of honey in each one.
50 Cent spoke to high school students in Bridgeport, Conn., on Friday and basically told them not to believe things he’s said in the past. Implicit in his presentation, of course, is that they should totally believe him now. Confusing! Anyway here’s a rundown of the myths 50 debunked:
On cops: “I say in one of my songs I hate cops. I don’t hate cops. But I am expressing the feelings of a young boy who sees the cops take his brother away, and hates them for it.”
On drugs: “I don’t do drugs. That was who I was, but I changed direction. My music reflects the early part of my life.”
On his feud with Kanye West: He called it a marketing ploy, explaining, “His label and my label are both owned by Universal Music Group.”
He didn’t address his pre-release claim that he’d quit hip-hop if Kanye outsold him, but we can probably this up to yet another 50 Cent tall tale. In fact, if there’s one thing this talk of his taught us to believe, it’s that he really can’t be believed.
Some tech-savvy student took the video below at the event — in this portion, 50 talks about Britney Spears and why names will never hurt him. Words! Who needs’ em? [The Connecticut Post Online via mtv / Image credit: Getty]
T.I.‘s little gun party has turned into disaster for his whole family – or they were already headed in that direction all along. Follow this:
- His on again-off again gal pal (and baby mama, pictured) Tiny Cottle was arrested alongside her man on Saturday night, for possession of weed and ecstasy.
- What is most alarming is not necessarily the charges against her, but that she is allegedly pregnant with T.I.’s baby! Knocked up and f*cked up?! Oh Shizz!
- The pair already have a kid together, 3-year old King, who was home at the time of the raid (ATF guys stormed the rapper’s house, broke down doors and windows and chucked stun grenades inside) and was apparently traumatized by the ordeal. The little one supposedly has gone with Tiny to visit his daddy in jail, where the first thing he did was apologize. We smell one screwed up kid ready to grow up!
- T.I.P.’s been denied bail and will not be able to request it again until Friday.
So when is Daddy gonna get out, head home, and make it all better? [Getty]
Yay! A new episode of I Love New York 2! New York looks nothing short of aroused.
Are you that excited, too?
All Hottie Pics
Reservation Road is a big adult drama about big adult themes, and it stars Jennifer Connelly, who is arguably the most beautiful woman in Hollywood. Ever since we first saw her in Labyrinth, where she was forced to fight David Bowie, we’ve been fascinated whenever she’s on screen. No, Career Opportunities wasn’t her finest moment; neither was The Rocketeer. But her horribly depressing turns in Requiem for a Dream and Waking the Dead showcased her as an actress with range and depth. Lately she’s grown into meaty parts (A Beautiful Mind, Little Children, House of Sand and Fog), and we’re pleased to report that none of them involve goblins, Frank Whaley or heroin. Look for her in theaters this Friday. Until then, check out our gallery of her here.
Jennifer Connelly Actor Info
Reservation Road Movie Info
You can add Bruce Springsteen to the lengthy list of rockers (David Byrne, Bono, David Bowie) who love Arcade Fire. At a recent show in Ottawa, the E Street Band took a break from its own material and was joined by AF’s beloved indie couple Regine Chassagne and Win Butler. Win, Regine and Bruce played a stark, accordion-filled rendition of the Boss’ 1984 “State Trooper,” which Bruce and gang apparently haven’t played since their Born To Run tour. With the twosome still on stage, they then covered the Arcade Fire’s “Keep The Car Running” from the acclaimed Neon Bible. So good, even Win Butler cracked a smile.
Need some Springsteen now? We’ve got exclusive live performances you can check out on VH1 Classic — during our “24 Hours of Bruce” block last week, we broadcast the guys playing “Radio Nowhere,” “Night” and “Lonesome Day” live from Jersey. They’re on the site waiting for you.
Our sweet heiress is heading to Rwanda for five days in the near future (not soon enough for us) to visit schools and hospitals in the region with the charity Playing for Good. Wow, Paris Hilton is suddenly a genuinely good person. OMG, we totally like her again! Right? Not so fast. The whole visit is being shot by the organization’s founder as part of a reality tv show he’s pitched called The Philanthropist, which will feature “various selfless celebrities who rescue the world’s poor.” I guess if you consider flaunting your $600 heels around Africa rescuing, than Paris is well on her way to that Nobel peace prize! Paris admits that she’s “scared,” but we trust that she’ll be fine as long as cameras are around. She says, “I love having everything documented.” We know! [Newsweek. Getty]
Mary Alice Stephenson, co-host of America’s Most Smartest Model, is a fashion industry insider whose smart looks and smart tongue control her show’s pretty people. Each Tuesday we talk with her about issues: this time the subjects are Rachel’s weight problem, her hook-up with VJ, and the cocky way Andre expresses himself.