He got his start in films by doing his own 8 Mile. Now, he’ll continue his acting career by going 80 miles per hour.
Variety says that, 50 Cent will star in "Live Bet," an action film about illegal car racing. The film will be directed by Mexican filmmaker Alejandro Lozano, whose past projects include Matando Cabos and a string of other Mexican films.
And regardless of what you think of Fitty’s career choices — The Fast and the Furious-type fare probably won’t lead to any little golden statues — at least he isn’t jumping in the ring with these two.
Desperate Housewives boy toy Jesse Metcalfe checked into rehab this week "to deal with alcohol issues," according to his rep. This follows an incident last week of reportedly strange behavior at Los Angeles’ Mondrian hotel…just like Britney Spears before she checked into rehab! Making matters weirder, Jesse was spotted Tuesday rocking blonde locks at a gym, which means his hair underwent a drastic change…again, just like Britney Spears before she checked into rehab! There’s no word yet on whether Jesse plans on drinking 24 cokes a day, buying out a wing of his undisclosed rehab center or pining for K-Fed during his treatment. [New York Post]
- Sarah Jessica Parker unveils a clothing line that manages to be duller than her line reading. Amazing! [MollyGood]
- It looks like Kevin Federline won’t be getting anything near the $20 million divorce settlement that was reported yesterday. All together now: ha haaaa! [Dlisted]
- Sobriety does a body good, or so Lindsay Lohan‘s spread in GQ would indicate. [Egotastic!]
- Bruce Willis and Demi Moore‘s daughter Rumer is doing what with a condom? [!! omg blog !!]
- Diddy‘s a deadbeat dad? Aw, but he seems like such a nice guy! [Sandra Rose]
- Sending love to T.I. and Tiny for their loss. [SOHH Atlanta]
Just in case you had any doubt that Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll is the gnarled, conjoined twin of America’s Next Top Model, this week the girls get made over.
It’s time to get pretty, y’all.
As the crowd hushed, and the dramatic lights scanned the remaining 11 contestants at the opening of last night’s results show, Ryan Seacrest announced that one of the singers would be "headed back to reality." Um, are reality shows allowed to openly bite each other’s catchphrases now? Well, let’s put it this way: Stephanie Edwards has been voted off the island. It’s not like America is grief-stricken over it, though.
Carmen Electra‘s publicist has shot down months-old reports that she and butch rocker Joan Jett are an item. It’s too bad, they look cute together in that heteronormative, you-know-damn-well-who-wears-the-leather-pants kinda way. Sucks!
Anyway, with that cleared up, after the jump is a list of a few more people that Carmen Electra isn’t dating. Just in case you’re (sexually) confused. [UsMagazine.com]
- Nicole Richie‘s on-set fainting has been linked to hypoglycemia. Is that Spanish for "not eating?" [Dlisted]
- Dannielynn is set to undergo DNA testing. This case is so up in the air that for all we know, Anna Nicole could be the father. [A Socialite's Life]
- If Sanjaya Malakar is mimicking Phil Spector‘s looks, maybe it’s only a matter of time before he starts mimicking Phil Spector’s behavior. Way to intimidate America into voting for you, San! [CityRag]
- Avril Lavigne says she is "100 percent against drugs." So she wasn’t high when she decided she should do that to her hair? [Just Jared]
- If David Hasslehoff is made of cardboard, clearly Dave Navarro is made of plastic. [Best Week Ever]
Poor little Ashley Ferl has been on the receiving end of a media blitz since becoming overwrought with emotion and crying giddy tears of joy during Tuesday night’s taping of American Idol. The reason? She loves her some Sanjaya Malakar. When the sobbing stopped, Ashley told the Los Angeles Times that her picks for Idol were actually “Sanjaya, Melinda, Gina and Jordin.” She loves them all so much, she couldn’t choose just one. Now, on the other end of the spectrum, comes New York woman named J., who has gone on hunger strike until Sanjaya is voted off the show. According to her MySpace page, she hasn’t eaten since March 16th. The reason? She thinks that Sanjaya’s siphoning off votes from the contestants who deserve them. She writes, "I’m really starting to feel sorry for Sanjaya. People keep voting him through because they think it’s funny . . . and I think it’s to the point where this kid is starting to believe his own hype.” She says she’ll eat nothing until the contest is over. Inane publicity stunt or genius example of at-home marketing?
News: American Idol
Vivica Fox Busted on DUI
The actress failed a sobriety test after speeding past a cop. [Yahoo!]
Tennessee Disses Timberlake
Maybe his "Dick In A Box" on YouTube peeved Republican senators. [MSN]
Jay-Z Loses $1000 Gambling on ‘Comeback’
Hova delivered 10 crisp $100 bills to journalist Rob Tannenbaum. [New York Post]
Swimsuit Latifah Flips Paparazzi The Bird
Spotted swimming in Maui, the Queen had a smile as she told the cameras to get lost. [The Superficial]
Another Naomi Cell Phone Controversy
This time, a sanitation worker got into trouble for sneaking a pic of the model with his camera phone. [TMZ]
Real’s elimination on this week’s I Love New York may have been the most shocking one yet. After the jump, Real talks to us about his passion for Arabian horses, what it was like to compete with his brother Chance and he reflects on breaking down in front of millions of viewers.
Photos: I Love New York
Show Page: I Love New York