- Victoria Beckham defensively says, "There is a big difference between someone having an eating disorder and someone who is controlled about what they eat." And by "big difference" she means "50 calories." [Dlisted]
- Paris Hilton shops for a bird. She was probably in the market for a mini-me. Score! [Best Week Ever]
- After seeing what Akon has to offer, this shot of Michael Jordan getting freaky in Cabo is a bit of a letdown. [CONCRETELOOP]
- Melanie Brown names her child after her alleged father, Eddie Murphy. Awww, "Norbit" is such a great name for a little girl. [Just Jared]
- All right, Sanjaya. Now that we’ve seen you slimed and posing with a chicken head, we have all we need from you. Go away now pls, k thnx bye. [Crunk + Disorderly]
Cam’ron and Myspace aren’t the only ones breathing down 50 Cent‘s neck. Apparently, the hottest names in hip-hop and R&B all want a piece of him, too … as in the MC’s upcoming album, Curtis.
First, the producers: Dr. Dre, Eminem and Timbaland have all laid down tracks on the record, with one of the Dre songs, "Straight to the Bank," (listen here) already at No. 21 on the charts. 50 told BBC Radio’s Tim Westwood that big-name producers Kanye West, Pharrell, Swizz Beatz and Polow Da Don have stopped by the studio to guest-produce some stuff for the disc.
As for star wattage behind the mic, Eminem, Akon, Justin Timberlake, Mary J. Blige, Robin Thicke and Nicole Scherzinger are all slated to guest.
Curtis is scheduled for a June 26 street date. You psyched?
Sanjaya: ‘I’m Not Just a Musician’
He wants to be a triple threat: singer, actor, and model. [MSN]
Blubbery Brit Has ATight New Bod
A belly-baring Spears was spotted last night, showing off her abs. It’s amazing what photoshop can do. JK! [TMZ]
Underwood Pulls Move on Cowboys’ QB
She helped Tony Romo celebrate his 27th birthday over the weekend. Hope she bought him some Stickum. [People]
Party Like It’s 2001
Foul-mouthed rabble rousers Queens of the Stone Age release a clip of their latest "Sick Sick Sick" and introduce us to their new spokesman Bulby. Lead Stroke Julian Casablancas guests — who knew three frames of animation could keep us entertained for so long?
Rehab Works Wonders on Van Halen
In addition to detox and counseling, looks like they offer frosting and tanning services at Eddie Van Halen’s rehab clinic. Or at least de-Golluming.
After lucidly railing against global warming, Thom Yorke drops typos like they’re hot and reveals he’s got a new Radiohead album, then rubs your face in it. "i have a cd of what we;’ve been up to…and you haven’t. yet. (sorry)" [mega-sic].
We’ve recently noticed that many rock stars are calling for new levels of audience participation. Used to be that they’d pull you out of the crowd if you were female (a la Bruce Springsteen and Courteney Cox); now they want you to direct their videos. Just this week, Bjork announced a contest for a fan to direct a clip for “Innocence” from her forthcoming disc, Volta. Now we’re as invested in the Interweb as the next media organization, and we’re big fans of feedback (comments, please!). But we’re drawing the line here, because when Bjork, or Buckcherry, or Modest Mouse, or whoever else starts asking fans to make videos for them, it smacks of laziness.
Celebrity Fit Club is back! And this time, it’s got gender issues!
This weekend, reality TV vet/former pageant queen/groupie Shanna Moakler posted Paris Hilton‘s and Lindsay Lohan‘s contact information on her MySpace blog. This supposedly was in retaliation to a post on Hard Rock Cafe heir Harry Morton‘s MySpace that revealed Shanna’s personal info. Shanna believes that either Paris or Lindsay is running Harry’s MySpace.
There are so many things wrong with this pithy ordeal. Here are a few:
Talk about the fast track to redemption! Without spewing so much as a single hate-based epithet or shaving anything (as far as we know), Jonathan Rhys Meyers has checked into rehab. Says his rep:
"After a non-stop succession of filming, Jonathan Rhys Meyers has entered an alcohol-treatment program. He felt a break was needed to maintain his recovery."
Riiiiight. You sure that isn’t reparative therapy? Jon hasn’t said anything questionable for some time (remember these gems?). He might already be on his way! Even if you don’t really believe his flack’s excuse, you best believe that Googling "Jonathan Rhys Meyers gay" will yield about twice the hits it does now by the end of the week. Just the way it goes! [People/Image credit: Getty]
Don’t expect hip-hop star Cam’ron to win any good neighbor awards anytime soon.
Last night, in a 60 Minutes feature on snitching, Cam talked about his extreme aversion to cooperating with police. When asked if he would tell the cops if he knew a serial killer lived next door, the rapper said: "I wouldn’t call and tell anybody on [the killer] — but I’d probably move. But I’m not going to call and be like, ‘The serial killer’s in 4E.’" (Watch the interview.)
While his hard-line stance is laughable, Cam deserves some (not much, but some) credit for honesty. When asked if he would soften his anti-snitching stance if his record label asked him to, the rapper said he wouldn’t have to, because a label "knows what makes money … so [they] would never be that stupid."
Revealing inside info about your label for your own interests … Doesn’t that make Cam a snitch?
- Shots from Rihanna‘s upcoming "Umbrella" video surface. Judging by the way she’s dressed, I’m kinda anxious about where she’s going to stick that umbrella. [CONCRETELOOP]
- Scarlett Johansson has more talent in her left breast than most young actresses have in their entire bodies. And here’s proof. [Yeeeah!]
- It is rumored that Celine Dion will duet with a virtual Elvis Presley on American Idol this week. Mmmmm, Celine and Elvis! Tastes like dust, Mommy! [Dlisted]
- Mischa Barton‘s mom jeans will soon have the world saying, "I like the baggy crotch on you." [JustJared]
- Paris + K-Fed: Because crabs deserve sores to play in. [MollyGood]