Alec Baldwin has apologized for PigGate, the voice-mail rant he left for his daughter Ireland earlier this month that leaked last week. He has posted about the minor scandal on his site, and we break it down after the jump.
“All I Wanna Do” songstress Sheryl Crow has recommended saving the environment by conserving toilet paper. Writing on her blog, the sunny SoCal girl says, “I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required.” She also says “paper napkins . . . represent the height of wastefulness. I have designed a clothing line that has what’s called a ‘dining sleeve.’ The sleeve is detachable and can be replaced with another ‘dining sleeve,’ after usage.” Her third idea? A reality show where contestants compete to see who can lead the greenest life. She’s willing to put her body where her mouth is, too. At last night’s White House Correspondent’s dinner, Crow had words with rapping administration star Karl Rove about global warming. By most accounts, Rove was dismissive. The evening finished very uncomfortably when Crow reached out to touch Rove’s arm as he was making his way back to his table. He said, “Don’t touch me.” To which Crow responded, “You can’t speak to us like that, you work for us.” Rove offered this as a rejoinder: “I don’t work for you. I work for the American people.” All that makes us wonder . . . what are you doing to stop global warming?
After promising initial forays into the world of music (her Pussycat Dolls performance, a non-speaking role in a Justin Timberlake video, recording the work of Tom Waits), Scarlett Johansson is now tackling Brit narco-rock greats The Jesus and Mary Chain. The band, who put out their first album mere months after the starlet was born, are reuniting to play a handful of shows at the end of the month. Their Pomona, California performance show will allegedly feature Johansson on backing vocals. Can’t bear to miss it? $100 gets you a chance to check out Scarlett’s pipes.
How much would you pay to hear Scarlett sing?
This episode offers draws…
…and foul draws…
These girls have come so far from their wild days on Flavor of Love!
- Kirsten Dunst says future installments of Spider-Man would flop without her. Yeah, who cares about action? We want Maryann, damn it! [Dlisted]
- Renee Zellweger supposedly has fallen for John Krasinski. Wait. So, does that mean he’s gay? [Best Week Ever]
- Is Mischa Barton going hippie, or is that just her 4/20 costume? [Just Jared]
- Kristin Cavallari brings her unique brand of blandness back to the spotlight. [Popoholic]
- Kevin Federline hangs with a girl who looks more trashy than Britney Spears ever has. Major, major score. [I'm Not Obsessed]
- About 5.1 million people tuned in for Sunday’s premiere of Flavor of Love Girls: Charm School starring Mo’Nique, making it the highest-rated debut ever for a VH1 series. Charming, indeed! [Multichannel News]
- Speaking of Charm School, Schatar and Becky recently were interviewed about their time on the show. "That they want to laugh with me or at me, as long as they’re laughing, that’s what matters," says Schatar. That’s the spirit! [metro]
- If you’re an avid fan of Charm School, check out the Boost Mobile Poll. Answer the weekly questions correctly, and you could win $5,000. That’s only 10 times less than what the Charm School winner gets!
- If you love Saaphyri (and who doesn’t?!), check out this VSPOT extra in which she talks trash on many of her Charm School cast mates. It’s very etiquette-like.
- Don’t get it twisted: Celebrity Fit Club: Men Vs. Women‘s Da Brat is no sell-out. [SOHH.com]
- The Springer Hustle takes you behind the scenes, but don’t forget to go in front, too: check out The Jerry Springer Show‘s official site for more outrageousness.
- Danny Bonaduce has never seemed more broken. In what amounts to a follow-up of the last season of Breaking Bonaduce, watch him plead with Gretchen not to divorce him. Raw stuff. [ExtraTV.com]
- Looking for love? Why not hit up Scott Baio? Tell him that you’re so into him here.
Tom Cruise to Detox 9/11 Victims
The actor believes he can cure those exposed to toxins with Scientology. [CBS]
Victoria Beckham Blows $4000 on Undies
Has posh decided to repay her hubby for spoling her? Enjoy David. [Entertainment Wise]
MTV Stars Too Boring for Porn
Jason Wahler ("Laguna Beach") and Lauren Conrad ("The Hills") are apparently so vanilla in bed that a porn company has killed their sex tape. [TMZ]
It Ain’t Me, Snitches!
Cam’ron tells 60 Minutes he never talks to cops, even if he lived next door to a serial killer (XXL)
The Aftermath of the Don
Hot 97 cracks down on degrading lyrics thanks to Imus (About Rap)
Shootout Shot at Shoot
Watch: Gunfire breaks out during filming of Spider Loc video (YouTube)
This Is Why You Got Axed
MIMS weighs in on Imus and the proper use of the word "ho" (Rolling Stone)
"We are innocent people"
Tony Yayo‘s mother’s house shot; family reacts (New York Daily News)
Only makes it stronger. The newly ex-American Idol contestant speculated about his future in the media — always a wise idea, kids — saying that he’d like to act, model and sing. He also said that given the violent reactions viewers had to his singing and hairstyles, he was considering hiring a bodyguard. The latest to weigh in? Idol winner Kelly Clarkson, who gave MTV this soundbite: "One of my friends [wanted] the Sanjaya guy to win. Oh, man, he’s crazy. I think [it would have been] funny, but I like Jordin Sparks. She’s passionate and still not jaded." That proves Clarkson’s a kinder person than Simon Cowell, who had this to say: "I miss [Sanjaya], probably in the same way as I would miss my favorite horror movie." Do you miss Sanjaya in the same way you would miss your favorite horror movie?
The day’s hot new accessory is a blow-hard dad, if recent rumbling from Alec Baldwin and Britney Spears‘ father are any indication. In a leaked voice mail to his daughter, Ireland, left earlier this month, Alec rants for two minutes after his daughter failed to pick up the phone for a scheduled call. He says, among other things, that Ireland is a "rude, thoughtless little pig" (which makes him what? A boar?), that he doesn’t know her age ("I don’t give a damn that you’re 12-years-old, or 11-years-old…") and that he will "straighten [her] ass out" on a trip he sets for April 20 (today). Not likely: the leaked message so alarmed a judge that she banned contact between Alec and Ireland. Nice try, though, Al.
The grievances of Britney’s daddy Jamie were also aired in public, but this time on purpose: he went right to the New York Post
to insure Brit got the flogging that was coming to her.