- That’s not an Eva Longoria bobblehead doll, it’s…Eva Longoria. [Just Jared]
- Posh and Becks get priced out of Beverly Hills mansion. Poor millionaires! [Dlisted]
- Phrase of the
week year decade: "Pocket moguls." Learn it. [CityRag]
- On her blog, Jennifer Hudson responds to many rumors, including the Burger King one: "I read things about my favorite artist and let me tell you since im experiencing this first hand you guys cant believe everything you read because its not true [all sic]." But then, can we believe this, even? Paradox time! [CONCRETELOOP]
- Amy Winehouse‘s tour rider requests a "sober local crew." She doesn’t want anyone breaking into her stash. [Idolator]
Unlikely though it may be, the former Mr. Spears is getting into the online search business: Kevin Federline just launched his own search engine. Like Google or Yahoo (which it’s powered by), Search with Kevin allows users to trawl the Net, looking for news, images, items and the like. Unlike Google or Yahoo, however, if you Search with Kevin, you could win prizes, like, say, tickets to the dude’s private birthday March 24th in Las Vegas. As of yet, there’s no word back on whether certain search terms – do rag, PopoZao, Vanilla Ice – have been doing better than others.
Artist Page: Kevin Federline
Actress Minnie Driver is planning a summer release for her second album, Sea Stories. Getting buzz for her role on FX’s new show "The Riches" (and not for her first album, 2004′s Everything I’ve Got in My Pocket) Driver is recording with prolific singer songwriter Ryan Adams and ’90s indie queen Liz Phair. Singing, she points out, is something she’s always done: "Long before acting, I was singing up a 400-year-old oak tree developers were threatening to cut down. It was a protest; I was 8 and I wore a kilt."
Artist Page: Minnie Driver
Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie will visit a fat camp during the upcoming season of The Simple Life, which is set to film this summer. Though the facility is billed as a "wellness camp focused on eating right, yoga, nutrition and exercise," you best believe that it’ll be stuffed to the gills with kids whose parents want to see less of them (in more ways than one!). You also best believe that Paris and Nicole, whose combined body-mass index crawls past negative numbers only on some days, will do their part to contribute fat jokes. Those two: always finding new ways to feel superior. Such ingenuity. [New York Post]
Photos: Paris Hilton
Today’s rock ‘n’ roll tour info is all about the letter "S." Follow the bouncing ball.
Billy Corgan is taking it to the stage one more time. Pundits believe this lone date suggest more will follow.
Who says they’re not classicists? The renegades head back to 1988 for a romp through their Daydream Nation.
Finally done teasing Owen Wilson for stealing their songs for films, Fagan & Becker reel in the years in concert.
Iggy evidently went gonzo onstage at SXSW. Here is your chance to see the ancient ones live.
Doorbells will ring and Ickys will be thumped at the duo’s spring dates.
Artist Page: The Smashing Pumpkins
Artist Page: The White Stripes
Today is not a happy day for Naomi Campbell. It’s the first day of her five-day community service sentence, a result of her pleading guilty in her 2006 phone-throwing tantrum. This means that she had to put her model lifestyle on hold to wake up before noon and report to a sanitation facility in New York, which, like, totally smells bad. If that’s not bad enough, she has to
stand next to push a broom all day, which is totally going to make her feel fat.
Making matters worse, Naomi outed herself as being possibly related to Bigfoot as she entered the facility this morning: Click the image on the left to enlarge it, but be careful — the boots she’s holding may spill out from the screen and kick you in the face. Seriously. They’re about twice the size as her head. The Captain Caveman look? Not fierce. At least, not this season.
Click below for more shots of Naomi ignoring everyone while walking into the sanitation facility. [AP/Yahoo!]
Photos: Naomi Cambell
YouTube Wants You To Vote on Vids
Contest for best user generated clips begins today. [Yahoo!]
Phil Spector Finally Faces the Music
Famed music producer’s trial begins. Did he shoot Lana Clarkson? [MSN]
See Your Fave Male Celebs in Dresses
Governess Schwarzenegger, Pretty Diddy Spice, and more hilarious pics. [TMZ]
Gimme a KISS: Simmons’ Facelift
Check out the brutal image of Gene, minutes after surgery. [TMZ]
Terrence Howard: Pop My Zits With Your Teeth
Was he talking nasty-ass stuff to a woman in a taxi? [New York Post]
- Rose McGowan feels up Rosario Dawson on a red carpet. She wants to get inside Rosario’s grindhouse. [Egotastic!]
- Zach Braff gets touchy-feely with some sorority girls. Unsurprisingly, they have no problem with scrubs. [Best Week Ever]
- Speaking of scrubs, Bobby Brown reportedly is shopping a Flavor of Love-esque series in which women will compete to be his roni. If you believe in reality TV and all that it can do for you… [Crunk + Disorderly]
- Angelina Jolie says she’s "sorry" for bringing photographers and press coverage into Pax‘s life. Way to plan ahead, Ange! [Just Jared]
- The pictures of Carmen Electra‘s fashion-show spill didn’t do it justice. This video footage shows that the fall was straight-up slapstick. Did someone set out a banana peel for her to slip on? [The Superficial]
Photos: Rose Mcgowan
Photos: Rosario Dawson
Couldn’t make it to South by Southwest? Not to worry — we’ve got reports from the year’s premiere music festival. Menomena’s Brent Knopf fills us in.
What’s the inconvenient truth about South by Southwest?
This is the second time we’ve played the festival. Both times we’ve arrived in Austin there’s been these strange, End Times rainstorms. When we came in two years ago, all of a sudden the clouds unleashed their fury. There was flooding in the streets! We were only here for a couple of hours. This time we get to hang out and enjoy, but sure enough, when we arrived, there was massive flooding.
Photos: SXSW ’07
Couldn’t make it to South by Southwest? Not to worry — we’ve got reports from the frontlines of the year’s premiere music festival. Mute Math’s Paul Meany fills us in.
Caution: Rocking is Hazardous to Your Health
They need to start doing some sort of first aid tent. I’m hobbling right now. Of course a Mutemath show is a finely tuned ballet and I pride myself on that, but every now and then something goes wrong, and my God did I smash into something last night. Both my feet are throbbing. The roofs of my feet are killing me.
Photos: SXSW ’07